MUSIC FAVOURITES: OCTOBER

DRAKE – NOTHING WAS THE SAME

Artist: Drake

Album Title: Nothing Was the Same
Favourite Track: Too Much
Rating: 8/10


After I realised Drake was Jimmy from Degrassi I listened to a few of his songs like Girls Love Beyonce & Shut it Down.

On this album it features his single ‘Hold On, We’re Going Home’. I will give the music video a 3/5 because I wasn't impressed with A$AP Rocky’s acting (his speaking part was alright, but his ‘distressed, worried’ face isn't believable) and the cute dude from 21 Jump Street (2012 Movie) with the dangly earring was a nice touch, the similarity with 21 Jump Street and this music video is the earring guy died pretty early. I believe the story line of the music video was not really relevant and I think Drake just wanted to use big guns. But yeah, good album to sing to.






SAVIOUR - FIRST LIGHT TO MY DEATH BED

Artist: Saviour
Album Title: First Light To My Death Bed 
Favourite Track: Jaded
Rating: 8/10


After discovering Saviour early last year I sort of fan girled over them until I saw them in May last year. But I downloaded their last album which I love, but once this album was released into stores I bought it at JB-HI FI the first day. I do enjoy it, Jaded and Morning are my favourites so far. 

Saviour also got signed by UNFD (Popular Post-Hardcore Label in Australia) which was a great achievement and I am missing out on their AA Melbourne show on Saturday (2 November) because I have work :-(.




THE WEEKND - WHOLE DISCOGRAPHY


Artist: The Weeknd 
Album Title: Trilogy, The Noise EP, Thursday, House of Balloons etc.
Favourite Track: Wicked Games, Material Girl, Do It
Rating: 9/10


I knew about the weekend for a while but never really got into him until the past few months because he kept popping up on my spotify, either featured in one of Drake's songs or a recommended artist. I downloaded his discography but I haven't gotten his latest album Kiss Land

The reason why I have Trilogy as the artwork featured is due to the amount of tracks in the 3-disc including remastered older tracks from past releases such as House of Balloons & Thursday.