CRUELTY-FREE 101: MY TOP 5 MAKEUP BRANDS


I did just realise 3 out of the 5 brands are really only accessible in Australia and probably New Zealand. 
1. E.L.F Cosmetics
I discovered I could by E.l.f products from elfcosmetics.com.au and it is Australian based so it isn't so expensive for shipping and doesn't take as long, although it is doubled in price due to tax etc (you will find this with all makeup being sold in Australia). I have tried some products, but mostly for eyes and lips, and nothing really for the face. For the price the products are great quality.
My Pick: 3-in-1 (Length, Define & Volumize), Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara, & Eyebrow Filler & Lifter (not shown)

2. Essence
Essence is one of the most affordable, and best quality cosmetics brands (next to E.L.F) and from my knowledge, is accessible in a bunch of countries (check their website here to find out). I get most of my Essence from Target because the Priceline near me doesn't stock it (but a bunch of other Pricelines do). Their products are great quality and are super cheap (probably nothing more than 8 dollars from what I've seen) 
My Pick: Match 2 Cover! Cream Concealer

3. Australis
Australian made and owned brand mostly popular for their Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder (you can find my review on it here) and it's my favourite powder yet. Australis has a number of 'dupe, inspired' products from other brands like the Velourlips which is apparently similar to the NYX Soft Matte lip creams, and the Lime Crime Velvetines.
My Pick: Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

4. Chi Chi
I don't own much Chi Chi (I got my nudes palette set from Target), and it is great quality and is affordable. Their Viva La Diva glosses (I think that's what it's called) smell like vanilla and is so yum.  
My Pick: Nudes Palette

5. Natio
I've used a few Natio skincare products and I got a cute makeup set for Christmas in 2012 from my sister with full-size products. All their products are good quality and somewhat high end. I didn't know whether this would be drugstore or high end, because you can get it from Priceline & Myer.  
My Pick: Mineral Blusher