If you are cruelty-free but are now interested in going for Vegan products, most brands should tell you what products are and aren't vegan. If they don't, email them or look for the ingredients yourself. There are many different names for the same ingredient, but here are some commonly used names and commonly used ingredients to watch out for:
- Beeswax/Cera Flava
- Honey - food for bees, made by bees.
- Carmine/Carminic Acid/Cochineal - Red pigment from the crushed female cochineal insect
- Collagen - Fibrous protein in vertebrates which is usually derived from animal tissue. (some collagen can be synthetic)
- Silk - made by silkworms to form their cocoons.
- Gleatin - Protein obtained by boiling skin, tendons, ligaments, and/or bones in water.
- Lanolin Wax/Oil - A product of the oil glands of sheep, extracted from their wool.